Obviously I'm obsessed with every piece Miuccia Prada and Catherine Martin came up with for Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby.
The idea for this actually came from the movie posters. I love the black and gold art deco vibe.
SUPPLIES: ICE CUBE TRAY/ RESIN/PLASTIC CUP/ POPSICLE STICK/GOLD LEAF/BLACK GLITTER/ GOLD CHAIN/ GOLD RINGS /CLASP/E6000
If you are like me you'll have most of the supplies already. If not this could be a pretty costly project. With coupons you could make this for about $35
1. Mix equal parts Hardener and Resin in a plastic cup. Use a popsicle stick to stir the mixture. I bent the rim of the cup to make it easier to pour.
2. Fill the mold halfway with resin
3. Add gold flakes and fill the rest of the mold with resin
4. Sprinkle black glitter on half of the molds.
1. After 24 hours pop the Resin out of the molds. At this point the resin still isn't fully set. So you can cut off any jagged resin on the back.
2. Glue two gold rings to the back of each pendant
3. After the glue sets weave a gold chain through the backs of each pendant
4. Add a clasp to the end of the chain
Had an extra one. So I made a ring out of it. All you have to do is glue two rings to the back
Make sure you borderline over mix the hardener and resin. If its not mixed properly it won't set. It will just stay gooey.
Wear gloves. Its a bitch to get off your hands. Acetone will help though.
Cover your work area. The resin will drip... and you won't be able to wipe it up.
E6000 will be set in 24 hours, thats when you should weave the chain. The necklace will be ready to wear in 72
and I have to say this, make sure you don't use the mold for food related crafting after you've had resin in it.
Cool! I'd do a grrl version!ReplyDelete
Did you find it difficult to work with the gold leaf? And were there any issues with it sinking and curing in a single layer, or did it stay suspended?ReplyDelete
Worked perfectly for me!Delete
U r superb!!! Always coming up with something crazy awesome!Delete
Oh goodness! I'm glad you like my ideas!Delete
ah awesome. what an easy and awesome idea. id much prefer to make my own jewellery if i can rather than buy it!ReplyDelete
Oh I agree! I think i'll make a few in other colors nextDelete
Smartest DIY I've seen in months really!!ReplyDelete
Big kisses from Barcelona
What a cool project!ReplyDelete
Such a creative project. Working on a new resin DIY project. Thanks for inspired me.ReplyDelete
Casinos near and close to Casinos, casinos near and close to casinosReplyDelete
Casinos in and around the US have the closest proximity to casinos. 토토 사이트 홍보 If 바카라시스템배팅 you're looking kulebilisim.com for a 아트그라비아 장주님 casino near you, find your city close to your 식스 먹튀 needs