Tulip brand fabric paint is in my top five all time favorite craft products. It's the only paint i've found that REALLY works on shoes... it won't scuff off or crack over time, it's amazing. You do NEED to let the paint dry for a minimum of 72 hours . It needs that time to set, if you don't it will scuff really easily.
From Left To Right
1. Copper spray paint, Flip Flop Glue. Mix Black and White paint to make Grey(I couldn't find a Grey that I liked, So I made my own)
2. Wipe down the shoes to make sure they are clean.
3. Paint the shoe with 3 coats of the grey paint.
4. Tape off the insert in the stacked heel and paint it copper.
5. Tape off the strap and paint copper.
6. Glue on a pennies with flip flop glue.
Thanks for the photos Geof