I love dinosaurs.
I'm a little embarrased that its taken me this long to post a dino related DIY.
SUPPLIES: LEATHER(PLEATHER) / PINKING SHEARS / DINOSAUR / MAGNETIC SNAP / GOLD PAINT / FABRIC GLUE / E6000 / SEWING MACHINE / *OPTIONAL BAG FEETLeft to Right
1. Cut out two squares from your bag fabric. Cut out whatever size you want your bag to be. Just make sure to add an inch and a half to the top. My bag 13"x16"
2. Right sides facing, sew three sides of the bag.
3. I didn't do a linning in the bag so I wanted to clean up the inside. Trim the seam allowance with pinking shears.
4. Pinch the bottom corner of the bag and sew a straight line about 1 inch up from the corner. Repeat on the other side. Cut off the extra fabric with pinking shears.
5. Fold the top of the bag inside. Mark where you want the snap to go with chalk. Press the bag together so you transfer the mark to the other side of the bag.
6. Poke the prongs from the snap through the fabric and bend the out. Repeat on the other side
Left to Right
7. Glue the top seam allowance down with fabric glue
8. I used paper clips to hold it in place. Only leave them on until the glue gets tacky, you don't want to leave marks
9. Optional, add feet to your bag. I got studs and Joanns, they have a prong on the back that you poke through the bag on the bottom four corners.
10. Kill your dinosaur. I cut mine in half with a saw.
11. Spray paint it Gold
12. Glue the Dino at the top of the bag
Thanks for the photos Sarah