Thursday, August 22, 2013
With the Givenchy shark tooth necklace, SHARKNADO, and of course... Shark Week. I personally am not ashamed to admit to watching SHARKNADO three times. Now, the only thing cooler than Ian Ziering sawing out of a shark... is a color changing shark tooth. All you need is some Thermochromatic Pigment. It comes in a bunch of colors, and is way easier to use than you think. The pigment turns clear at 92°F (33°C). So you can mix it in almost anything, like paint, resin, or glue. I mixed it with white resin, so room temp its black, when you wear it, your body heat turns it white.
SUPPLIES: THERMOCHROMATIC PIGMENT / AMAZING CASTING RESIN / CHAIN / JUMP RINGS / SCREW EYES /SILICON MOLD PUTTY / SHARK TOOTH
Left to Right
1. Mix the two silicon together. You have to work fast, you have about one minute before it starts to harden.
2. Roll a ball. flatten it, and push the shark tooth in. Let set for 20 minutes
3. Mix one to one of resin together, add a scoop of thermochromatic pigment and stir together. Pour into the mold. **Work fast.
4. The tooth should be set in about 5 minutes, remove from the mold and put a screw eye in the top. Make sure you go fast before it sets.
5. Repeat until you have enough teeth. I used 7
6. Attach the teeth to your chain with jump rings.