Tis the season to gift... Or make things for yourself.
Giving homemade gifts can always be a little difficult. You don't want to look super cheap, or give crap.
This doesn't look cheap, and everyone can use this crap. I mean, you can always use a leather bag.
This bag makes a great gift because its SUPER easy, SUPER fast, and totally customizable. It doesn't have to be leather, and you can mold anything to put on the strap.
If you made the Shark Tooth Necklace and the Skeleton Jacket I made... You'll already have half the supplies you need for this. So taking that cost out, you can make this Leather** bag for about $15
**"Leather" said like Jimmy Fallon in the Leather Man Skit on SNL.
You'll need some leather, craft stores carry these in a bunch of different colors. Its an inexpensive way to make a real leather bag. I think the 8.5"x11" size is perfect for a bag. I got mine at Michaels, so I could use a coupon.
SUPPLIES: LEATHER / LEATHER STRAP / FABRIC GLUE / ZIPPER / SILICON / RESIN / SKULL BUTTON
Left to Right
1. Trim up the Leather pieces to match, they come a little uneven.
2. Right sides facing, put in the zipper. Same steps as the Painted Clutch minus the lining.
3. Place the leather strap where you want it on the clutch and paperclip it in place. Stitch the three sides closed, make sure the zipper is open.
4. Trim the seam allowance with pinking shears, I think it gives a finished look.
Left To Right
1. Mix the two parts together, Roll into a ball
2. Press the skull button in the silicon and let sit for 15 minutes
3. Remove the skull button.
4. Mix equal parts resin and make Six Skulls.
5. Paint them the colors of the rainbow.
6. Use Beacon Gem-Tac to glue the skulls on the strap.